Monday, April 23, 2012

Dust on The Bible

Yes, it can be difficult; but, I love Student Ministry!

Really!

The Hills' Student Ministry just celebrated our amazing volunteers with a banquet in their honor.  Nothing says love like free childcare, free bar-b-que, free mechanical bull rides and a free t-shirt!  We love our fellow student ministry workers!

I do not use the word amazing lightly.  The adults of 24:7 get it!  They dig deep into the lives of our students and families.  I can honestly say, I have never gone to a single student ministry event, conference or meal and complained about the adults I work with--they are really that committed to ministry (they even let me say the word intergenerational without laughing--okay, they laugh a little).

Like most student ministers, paid or volunteer, we often wonder if what we are doing is making a difference.  Especially when it comes to a student practically living out what we are trying to teach them from the "stage" or as we walk with them through life.  With that in mind, the talented staff I work with created a parody reminding all of us that "their might be a little dust on their bibles, but don't let it fool ya, their changin' inside" (yes, the Texan speech was intentional).

Enjoy!




http://vimeo.com/40886346

No comments:

Post a Comment